The position is responsible and accountable for achieving sales quota through profiling, targeting, needs analysis and closing on targeted account customers consisting of Health Care Professional (Endocrinologists, CDE’s), key diabetes institutions and managed care organizations.
JOB / DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
The Territory Manager is accountable for consistently achieving sales objectives and ensuring these sales are profitable and within the guidelines of Insulet Corporation’s defined sales and marketing practices. The position is responsible for the development, management and growth of the healthcare professional recommendation to achieve sales and market share growth. The Territory Manager will expand business and brand loyalty within strategic accounts consisting of private practice, large diabetes clinics, hospital teaching institutions, and other major medical centers. He/she will call on customers to raise their level of awareness and increase the demand of the Insulet Corporation product line within their defined geographic territory. This position will bear the responsibility of correlating any professional contact needed within the above mentioned accounts with the operational, quality or customer service teams of Insulet Corporation.
1. Meets/exceeds sales objective as well as market share within assigned geographic area.
2. Can work effectively and productively within the Insulet Corporation sales team as well as home office team environment.
3. Possesses a sound working knowledge of the managed care reimbursement process.
4. Develops and maintains superior relationships with key diabetes decision makers and influencers. Effective in implementing customer loyalty initiatives.
5. Consistently exhibits a high level of proficiency and expertise in discussing and demonstrating Insulet Corporation product, as well as all related diabetes products including competitive products.
6. Consistently exhibits proficiency in demonstrating and training on all ancillary Insulet Corporation data management software.
7. Maintains a high profile with decision-makers of the assigned strategic accounts.
8. Maintains an active role with Managed Markets, which includes a sound working knowledge of managed care organization as well as key decision-makers.
9. Facilitates and conducts all required customer training programs.
10. Maintains a high profile with the professional diabetes organizations in the assigned geographical area.
11. Routinely contacts and manages sales promotions related to the assigned territory.
12. Completes all administrative duties in a timely fashion and works within the specified budget.
13. Consistently executes all field sales activities with a high degree of professionalism in accordance with established promotional guidelines.
Knowledge / Education
- Minimum of three successful years in medical sales. At least 50% of which in the medical specialty of diabetes.
- BS/BA or equivalent healthcare registry
Medical industry sales experience as well as strong clinical & diabetes training experience required. At least three years in a similar role with a diabetes products company is preferred.
Skills / Competencies
Team-player with experience in dealing directly with Health Care Professionals and people with diabetes.
Successful sales track record, excellent communication skills, ability to execute sales and marketing plan, ability to manage territory budget, ability to function in a fast-paced start-up environment. Computer proficiency.
Some overnight travel in the assigned territory is expected.
Ability to carry and transport professional sales samples and literature
Valid driver’s license
Must reside within the geographic area of the assigned area.